Sunday, May 6, 2007

C-Complex

Late flight and the airport Starbucks was all but closed. No espresso, only the remains of the drip. I asked the barista what syrup flavors were the least popular. He thought about it, looked them over, and named coconut and almond. Coconut was no surprise but I was not expecting almond. I was about to order a coffee with both but thought that a mocha would be better for that combo--a la Almond Joy. That will be another drink. I went with coconut and caramel and added a small touch of half and half. So that made it coffee with coconut, caramel, and cream. I later dubbed it the "C-Complex." Kinda silly but I was tired.

I was skeptical of coconut and coffee but it was not mismatched. I suppose they do grow in similar climates, after all. What that has to do with anything I don't know. Sounds good, though. Some playing around is needed. Like I said, mocha is a natural next direction for the coconut.

1 comment:

James said...

A coconut mocha! Oh, that's what I'm trying first thing tomorrow morning. Genius!