Tuesday, May 15, 2007

If you're instinct tells you that it's only good hot...

you probably should follow that instinct. So, I thought I would try an iced latte with a shot of irish cream....Obviously, this is a classic hot coffee drink (alcoholic and sans alcohol). I thought that since I'm obsessed with testing drinks hot and cold that I would try it as a cold drink. BIG mistake - yuck! A simple drink-completely ruined.

I hate to admit this, but I do keep going back to my black unsweetened ice tea and chai lattes in between these "test" drinks. This experiment is expanding my drink list, but I'm finding that my old standards fit my tastes quite well. I realize now that my taste in black ice tea isn't simple either. I have always been picky about my ice tea. I won't drink just anything and will go out of my way to get the ice tea from some place I know does it well (not bitter and fine without sugar). Perhaps, in a future posting I will go into more detail about what I think of ice teas at different establishments. Perhaps some of the contributors (Sarah? :) with more refined tea tastes could post on some of those as well (hot and cold of course).

For now, I'm going to sit back and enjoy my chai latte from Murky, a local coffee joint in Arlington....mmmmmMurky!

No comments: