Sunday, May 6, 2007

Day 1, afternoon. The fix is in, sort of

My first new drink. I was in for a chocolate fix and envisioned a mixture of regular mocha and white chocolate mocha. It sounded like a cool idea and I ordered the drink asking in a way that implied it was unusual. Without blinking the cashier nodded and said they call it a "black and white" and a guy just a minute ago had one too. I then realized that I have not been letting my imagination go when it comes to beverage consumption. My inner coffee child needed to be set free. Clearly other people are more evolved and have advanced coffee creativity. So I quickly amended my order with a shot of mint just to feel a little different.

The taste. So-so, surprisingly. There was something slightly medicinal about the mint in the mix, and not altogether pleasant. It got better midway through the cup but I will probably not order this one again any time soon.

No comments: