Monday, May 7, 2007

If it's Sunday...

...it's read the Post with a very large coffee. The paper had a lot of interesting stories today so it took longer than normal. Several items to tell friends about.

The coffee was interesting too. Half-caff Americano as the base (still on that theme) but with 2 toffee-nut pumps and a pump of orange. Yep, Orange. I would not use any more orange than that in this mix as it could have led to orange-soda-meets-coffee-roastiness-unpleasantness. But I did like the overall flavor of the ratio. I tried the toffee-nut from Dan's recommendation. I concur that it has great potential. I think I need to experience a pure toffee-nut cup to fully understand the flavor before blending again. I like where this is heading. I also think an orange and vanilla "creamsicle" combo is worth a try.

1 comment:

Becky said...

Creamsicle...definitely an option for an iced drink - but not one I'm sure I want to try hot. Myabe on this one, I'll wait to hear your verdict on the hot version.